About Me

My photo
PhD Candidate at Purdue University, Computer Science.

Monday, January 07, 2008

Wi-Fi Thieves

Sometimes people argue that using an open WiFi is not "stealing", it is the same as listening to the radio. If the signals come to my device without hacking, then logically it's legal to access them!!
If my neighbor is silly, it's basically his problem.

Actually, I don't agree with this. Islam doesn't allow to hurt others. accessing your neighbor WiFi may eat his broadband and slow down his connection (hence affect his own access to his proprietary)

Being Muslim....Good muslim implies you can't take anything without permission.
I believe this is enough to make stealing Wi-Fi connections forbidden.

in UK, accessing unsecured WiFi without permission is considered illegal. I think it is the same in some of the USA states.

No comments: