About Me

My photo
PhD Candidate at Purdue University, Computer Science.

Saturday, January 26, 2008

ImageMagick: Installation on MAC ( Second Shot)

Referring to my previous post, I found the ImageMagick not working it gave me the following error..

Error Output:
dyld: Library not loaded: /ImageMagick-6.3.8/lib/libMagick.6.dylib
Referenced from: /Users/tfield/ImageMagick-6.3.8/bin/convert
Reason: image not found

I couldn't find the reasons for this error. So, I deleted my installations and started to compile it from scratch.
the end result was as I expected, it works now on my MAC. It seems that the there is something wrong with the binary distribution.
  1. Get the source code from this link.
  2. gunzip -c ImageMagick.tar.gz | tar xvf -
  3. cd ImageMagick-6.3.3
  4. ./configure
  5. make
  6. sudo make install
everything should be working now. Type convert -version in the command line to check the installation version.

No comments: