About Me

My photo
PhD Candidate at Purdue University, Computer Science.

Thursday, October 08, 2009

No Smoking

One of the best thing that happened to me is that I did not smell cigarettes since I left Egypt.
non-smokers here have the right to say no whenever, and wherever they want. I really suffered from mixing non-smokers with smokers in my home country and I was wondering why nobody respects this! Nobody gave a damn to care about this.
Recently a new policy will be applied that smoking will be prohibited both indoors and outdoors on the entire grounds of the campus, including in all vehicles owned or leased by the University. This is really interesting.
What was going so far was that smoking outdoors was allowed on the grounds of the campus at a distance of at least 30 feet from university facilities and in designated areas.
It worth mentioning also that the smoking here is not cheap, it is relatively expensive, 7$ can be expensive for some ppl.

1 comment:

Amr Kabardy said...

Lucky you :)

I smell a large dose daily, specially when in army :(

Best Wishes FiZo :)